Mallorca, Spain – March 18-25, 2018
After once calling this island home, Grant traveled back to Mallorca in 2016 for the first time in 30 years and could only describe it with two words—cycling heaven! In 2017, we hosted our first TWP Mallorca Training Camp. It was such as success that we have decided to make the TWP Mallorca Training Camp an annual occurrence!
Join Grant for 7 days of training through some of the world’s most amazing scenery on bicycle-friendly roads. Each day will offer a new adventure and the group will cover all of the island’s acclaimed routes as well as a few that only the locals know about. The terrain in Mallorca is varied, including vast flats, old country roads turned cycling routes, descents with incredible ocean views, Cat 2 and 3 climbs and even two Cat 1 climbs for those ready for the challenge. Ride distances will vary from 40 miles to 95 miles with coffee stops along the way.
Basecamp for TWP Mallorca Training Camp will be Zafiro Tropic. This four star hotel is located in Alcudia and caters to cyclists. WIFI is available throughout the hotel including the pool deck areas (in case you plan to work in the afternoons after training). The hotel also has an in-house spa with massage and other spa services available, plus indoor pool and Turkish baths.
Breakfast and dinner is included and meals will be enjoyed together as a group at the hotel restaurant, which never fails to impress even the biggest foodies.
If you choose to travel to Mallorca with your own bike accommodations can be made to transport you and your bike to the camp hotel. However, if you prefer to travel light, Mallorca offers several excellent bicycle hire services. TWP recommends bicycle hire from Pro Cycle Hire or Pinarello Experience. Both companies offer high end carbon road bikes some for less than the airline fees to travel with your own bike, and making reservations online is easy. TWP will arrange for transfer of your bicycle hire to/from the hotel if you choose to hire from one of these companies.
$1600 per person — double occupancy
$1850 per person — single occupancy
Single occupancy is guaranteed. All efforts will be made to pair you up with a same gender roommate for double occupancy rate, but can not be guaranteed.
50% deposit is due at time of registration. 50% deposit is refundable if cancelation notice is provided at least 90 days before the first day of the camp. Final payment is due by February 17, 2018; all such payments are final, non-refundable, and non-transferable in the event TWP incurrs costs associated with your canceled booking. Training with Potter recommends travel insurance in case of emergency cancellation.
- Accommodations at Zafiro Tropic in Alcudia.
- Health and performance conscious breakfasts and dinner, buffet-style at hotel.
- Transportation to/from airport to Alcudia (if arriving on March 18, departing on March 25).
- Bicycle hire transfer to/from select shops.
- Guided rides planned for each day. Rides will start as a group and always include a regrouping area/rest stops. Printed cue sheet and GPS file will be provided in advance for riders wanting to go their own pace.
- On the road coaching that focuses on climbing and descending skills, bike handling, pedaling efficiency, cornering, pace line, group riding, nutrition and more.
- Nutrition/snacks during rides.
- TWP kit (bibs and jersey) and a few other goodies!
What’s NOT Included:
- Flight to/from Palma, Mallorca
- Transportation to/from airport to Alcudia if traveling outside of designated window.
- Bicycle hire.
- Lunches – we will stop during rides at various cafes (often mountain top cafes) for snacks/lunch.
- Personal expenses – laundry (self-serve machines available at hotel), massage, etc.
- It is recommended you provide your own bicycle saddle and pedals.