Cycling Training Camps in Mount Dora, Florida
Base Training | Aerobic Endurance Training Camps
Training With Potter cycling training camps offer 3-day camps that focus on building a solid foundation of aerobic endurance to prepare you for more intense riding and training later in the season. Whether you plan to compete in bicycle races or ride for pleasure, these camps will help you increase your overall fitness and improve your skills on the bike. Daily rides during these camps will range from 60 – 100 miles, all on the scenic country roads of Mt. Dora, Clermont, Howey-In-The-Hills, Tavares, Leesburg, Webster and other areas of Lake and Sumtner Counties. We know how much cyclists enjoy coffee and cake, so the Training With Potter camps always make time for a stop at the Yalhala German Bakery. All levels of riders are encouraged to attend and shorter ride options can be arranged as necessary. Rides are endurance pace with designated regrouping areas including refueling stops.
All camps are Friday – Sunday. Contact us to arrange a longer/week-long camp.
- Dates for Fall 2017 – Spring 2018 will be posted soon!
$400 per person — accommodations at Vintage Bicycle Bungalow
$250 per person — self accommodations
- Accommodations in Vintage Bicycle Bungalow Friday – Sunday. Why stay alone in a hotel room when you can enjoy the commraderie of your fellow cyclists? Meals will be shared family-style and evenings will be spent relaxing around the backyard campfire talking about all things cycling!
- All rides led by certified coaches and professional cyclists
- On the road coaching that focuses on climbing and descending skills, bike handling, pedaling efficiency, cornering, pace lining, group riding and more
- SAG support during rides (for camps with 8 or more riders)
- Health and performance conscious breakfasts, post ride smoothies, ride fuel, snacks/light lunch and dinner on Saturday night (Friday night will be out and not included).
- Informative discussions on training, nutrition and recovery
Bicycle Racing Skills | Racing Team Training Camps
Training With Potter will plan a bicycle racing skills training camp for your racing team. This team building experience will cover all the basic race day skills and strategies necessary for your team to effectively work together on race day. Suitable for all categories, seasoned racers will have the opportunity to sharpen their skills, while beginner racers will benefit from Coach Grant Potter’s years of experience.
- Rules of racing
- Race preparation
- Pack riding skills
- Climbing and descending in a race
- Race strategy
Contact us to arrange a cycling race team training camp.
Bicycle Club | Group Training Camps
Is your bicycle club looking for a change from the usual weekend group ride or preparing for a big destination bicycle ride or triathlon? A Training With Potter cycling training camp is the perfect solution. USA Cycling certified coach, Grant Potter, has traveled and raced his bicycle all over the world. So whether your club is training for an endurance bicycle event or simply needing a change of scenery, Training With Potter cycling training camps can be customized for the level and goals of your club.
Each year we help groups prepare for several endurance cycling events:
- Horrible 100 in Clermont, FL
- Six Gap Century in Dahlonega, Ga
- Titan 300 in South Carolina
Check the Training Camps Calendar for available dates.
Mountain Biking | Cycling Training Camps
Training With Potter cycling training camps are not just limited to the paved roads. Mt. Dora is now home to its very own mountain bike park, which is very suitable for beginner to advanced riders. The famed Santos and Vortex mountain biking trails, containing approximately 115 miles of trails, are less than a 60 minute drive away in nearby Ocala. Mountain bike cycling training camps can be planned to include only dirt or a combination of on-road and off-road cycling.
Contact us to arrange a mountain biking cycling training camp.
What’s Included in All Cycling Camps?
- Accommodations at the Vintage Bicycle Bungalow
- Home-cooked, health-conscious breakfas,t post ride smoothies, ride fuel, snacks/light lunch and 1 dinner
- Plenty of nutritious snacks
- Post-ride recovery smoothies
- Energy bars, gels and drinks
- On the road coaching
- Daily skills clinics on topics such as:
- Group riding and bike handling skills
- Descending and cornering
- Improving climbing
- Pacing and nutrition
- Mechanical know-how and understanding your equipment
- Camps are typically limited to 8 riders to ensure personalized attention. Contact us if you have a larger group.
- Massages are encouraged and can be arranged for an additional fee. Let us know when you reserve your camp if you’d like to schedule a massage.
Click here to view the Training Camp Calendar.